Building a booty: Top 5 exercises we love
What’s more important than getting that booty in shape? Uhm…we’d have to think long and hard about that one.
Maybe, in 2017, you followed the Instagram journey of 24-year-old Corinna Mantegazza who transformed her sad, flat booty into a tight, perky one? Well, if you didn’t, it was a good one and it got many talking and considering what they might be doing wrong and why they’re not getting the results they want.
Many in the health and fitness industry have come to believe that the secret lies in a combination of eating the right foods to fuel your body, adding weights to your fitness regime, and avoiding excessive cardio.
Here are five fun exercises we love that may just help you to build that booty you’ve been dreaming about:
- Stand in front of a bench or solid chair and place your right foot on top of it.
- Extend your right leg to step your left foot up.
- Step down with your right foot, then step down with your left foot. (One rep)
- Continue the right foot for 10-15 reps, then switch sides.
Reverse lunges with knee lifts
- Start with your feet hip-distance apart, feet facing forward.
- Take a large step backwards with your right foot.
- Keeping your shoulders stacked over your hips, bend both knees 90 degrees.
- Press into your front heel as you straighten your left leg, drive your right knee forward and up to hip-height. (One rep)
- Do 10-15 reps on the right side, then switch sides and repeat on the left side.
- Standing with your feet hip-distance apart and feet facing forward, bring your hands together at chest level.
- Make sure that you keep your knees behind your toes while you bend your knees to sit your hips back into a proper squat.
- In one powered movement, extend your legs to jump straight up as high as you can, landing with your feet in starting position, and knees softly bent as not to injure your knees. (One rep)
- Do 10-15 reps, depending on your fitness level.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your arms hanging down in front of you – palms facing inwards.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and keep knees soft and slightly bent.
- Focus on your posture; keeping your knees slightly bent with your shoulders back and chest out.
- Slowly start pushing your hips back and lower the dumbbells towards the floor until you feel a good stretch in your hamstrings. (Make sure to keep a flat back while doing this and make sure the dumbbells are grazing your body throughout the movement).
- When you’ve reached full extension, start pulling your hips back inwards and allow the dumbbells to slowly rise back up to standing position. (One rep)
- Complete 12-15 reps.
Hip raises with knee squeezes
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and heels flat against the floor.
- Keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Place a medicine ball, pilates ring, or any other medium-sized ball between your knees.
- Tighten your abs and press your heels into the floor, drive your hips upward, and squeeze the ball/ring between your knees.
- Finish the movement by squeezing your glutes, making sure to not use your lower back, and return to starting position. (One rep)
- Do 10-15 reps.
After completing this set of five exercises once, do one or two sets more until you feel it burn. We don’t mind if you have a love-hate relationship with us…
About My Health and Fitness
Welcome to My Health and Fitness, a rich source of articles to help you become the best version of yourself. From diet to exercise and general health, our content contributors (including Biokineticists, Physiotherapists, and Fitness Professionals) will cover all your frequently asked questions and more!
If you would like to join our content team as a health and fitness professional, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Our articles are not meant to replace any medical advice as given to you by your doctor or healthcare specialist. Always consult your doctor before embarking on a new exercise routine or drastic changes in your diet, especially where pre-existing conditions are applicable.
https://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/butt-shaping-exercises/ https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/best-glutes-exercises/slide/2 https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a7208862/bbg-butt-workout-from-kayla-itsines/ https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a8592816/cori-mant-butt-transformation/ https://www.vogue.com/article/15-minute-butt-workout https://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/leg-exercises/videos/hip-raise-knee-squeeze
Trackback from your site.